Well performed, this assistance exercise can become one of your favourite movements to enhance your athletic performance or help your therapeutic needs.
The GHD apparatus used has been modified according to individual anthropometry & training needs :)
• Prime purpose: maintain optimal hip flexion and strengthen lumbar region and posterior chain in general
• Main targets: gluteus, hamstrings, spine extensors
• Main tips: push through the heels against the pad; maintain neutral spine; keep emphasis about hip flexion/extension drive rather than lumbar compensation or knee flexion.
• Variations: the 45 degrees angle works great as foundation level and it recruits more hamstrings
• Foundation to Progression: Only bodyweight resistance while reaching optimal motion. Then, gradually, rubber bands can be implemented (as shown in the video)